Description of Solrød municipality
Solrød municipality is situated 30 kilometers south of Copenhagen:
- It has 21.000 inhabitants (with future house extension plans both in the territory and in the beach area) and is still expanding.
- It is historically a part of the Hedebo area, which has some of the best farmland in the country.
- It is a beautifully situated municipality offering good traffic connections for the many commuters to the capital.
- It is close to the capital and the nearby-towns cultural offers and has a very highly diversified sports- and leisure life.
- It is a mixture of concentrated house extensions along the Beach area “Køge Bugt”, the railway town “Havdrup” and the five Middle Age villages “Gammel Havdrup, Jersie, Solrød, Karlstrup and Kirke Skensved”.
- It has a population consisting mainly of families with children and middelaged people –all full of resources and who are well organized and integrated in the society of the municipality.
We want to be known for:
Solrød municipality wishes to be one of the most attractive municipalities for residents in the metropolitan area. Having a nice and secure everyday life for the residents and with an easy way of getting to work and with a varied and lovely nature Solrød municipality has an important role, which forms a framework for a viable development in the municipality – economically, environmentally, culturally and socially.
90% of the citizens have in public inquiries in 2011, 2008, 2005 and in 2002 declared that they believe Solrød municipality to be a fine municipal community.
Solrød municipality must as an open organization be part of a modern and democratic society by being, attentive, unambiguous and efficient. We want to be known for being one of the best acting organizations in the country that purposefully creates new developments, shows efficiency, a unified whole and quality to the benefit of the citizens. Based on a joint responsability we solve tasks in dialogue with and in close contact with the citizens. Solrød municipality must continuously show a steady progress where the municipality matches the external demands and expectations and at the same time puts its own mark on the development.
This we want to show:
- The white sandy beaches, among them “Staunings ø” (Staunings island),
- “Trylleskoven” (the magic forest)
- “Karlstrup Kalkgrav” (Karlstrup chalk cliffs)
- The well-preserved church-villages.
- “Christians Have” (Christians Garden) – a nursing home run in a public and private partnership.
- Solrød sports center – a leisure time centre offering many activities.
Members of the Council
Structure of Political Commissions
Solrød - Main Spatial Structure
Find news, maps, weather forecast, background information and links about Denmark